Friday, October 22, 2004

signs

This is a list (in no particular order) of the signs A & I have seen in sydney. My (snarky) comments are in italics. Your job, dear Reader, is to spot the one I made up (It's just a way to figure out if anyone is actually reading this stuff or not :)

1. Look
okay so I looked. now what?
2. [written on a sign next to a fire extinguisher] In case of emergency, please consider if it's safe before rescuing anyone.
right, and in which world is an emergency safe?
3. [sign on a building] Italian Association of Assistance
I could always do with some assistance, but Italian?
4. Early Childhood Service.
I don't even want to know...
5. Smoking kills other people
Great, I won't need to buy that gun now, do I?
6. [sign on a grass field in a residential area] Keep clear, emergency access only
and walk in a straight line if you're in an actual emergency
7. [sign on a sidewalk] Alcohol free zone
what can I say?
8. [sign in a shopping mall] Please tie your shoelaces
i'm not even wearing shoes!
9. Warning! High pedestrian activity!
damn those pesky pedestrians, they're everywhere.
10. Beware of vehicles
well, this actually makes some sense. those vehicles, I tell you, they're dangerous...