Friday, July 25, 2003

peru


One of the nicest advantages of being in an international school is that I get to meet people from all over the world and experience a micro version of cross cultural chaos. Different foods, different music, different attitudes -everything is out here for me to experience. I tend to hang around with the latino community and can say that a lot of my attitudes today are being shaped by interaction with this community. And when I know people personally, it's easier to take an interest in their respective countries and whenever I'm just randomly browsing, sites about these countries catch my attention more than others. I've been feeding links to the peruvians about their country from time to time. I think most of them are from the wonderfully prolific plep, but I am not sure. Here are some links about peru:

some typical music of peru

Quecha names of towns and cities

an article on Lima in 1870

photographs by Martin Chambi (article in spanish)

Martin Gray's piligrimage through Latin America

panoramic view of Machu Picchu

the spirit of ancient peru