Thursday, July 29, 2004

Search Engine Optimization

Anil Dash on Optimizing Search Engine Optimization "Finally, I got a whole bunch of people celebrating my win because I'm Indian. It's fascinating to me, the kind of tribal rah-rah attitude that it reveals. But I wonder if part of the reason that people in India and in the diaspora are so supportive is because Indians have been pretty good networkers during the existence of the computer industry. I don't belong to any Indian trade associations or anything like that, but I can see how people benefit from doing so. So thanks to everyone who said they were glad to see an Indian win the contest, but I probably don't fit your definition of "Indian". "

I've always found it odd how people here in India cheer the acheivements of any person of Indian origin, completely forgetting that A person of Indian origin != Indian.